Music Man StingRay 5 Special Jet Black
The first bass designed by Ernie Ball Music Man, the Stingray 5 was unveiled in 1987 and has been an industry standard for extended range basses ever since. With its powerful punchy sound, the added flexibility of additional pickups and a comfortably contoured body the StingRay 5 satisfies even the most demanding of players.
REBUILT FROM THE GROUND UP.
Optimized, modernized, yet so familiar, the new StingRay bass is tailor-made for today’s most discerning players.5-BOLT SCULPTED NECK JOINT
The sculpted neck joint provides uninhibited access to all 22 stainless steel frets atop roasted maple necks.REFINED BODY CONTOURS
Enhanced body contours are rounded for more comfort in any playing position while retaining that revered, iconic StingRay sound.POWERFUL NEODYMIUM PICKUPS
The new and improved StingRay electronics feature powerful neodymium magnets, bringing you more output and a wider range of soundsNEW 18-VOLT PREAMP
A newly designed 18-volt 3-Band preamp for extra clean headroom lets you dial in everything from modern punch to classic, vintage tones.LIGHTWEIGHT PERFORMANCE.
The overall reduction in weight is a much-welcomed feature of the new Stingray Special. Select body woods, improved contours, and lightweight hardware provide greater overall balance for extra comfort and a more enjoyable playing experience.REENGINEERED HARDWARE.
Reengineered lightweight tuning machines create a more balanced neck while still providing ultra-reliable tuning stability.
- Model: StingRay Special 5 String - HH
- Serial Number:
- Body Wood: Ash
- Neck Wood: Roasted Figured Maple
- Neck Profile: D Shape, 0.82" at 1st fret, 0.95" at 12th fret
- Fingerboard: Ebony ($100 upcharge)
- Scale Length: 34"
- Fretboard Radius: 11"
- Frets: 22 - High profile, Wide, Stainless Steel
- Inlays: dots
- Binding: N/A
- Nut: 1.76" width, Melamine
- Tuners: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design, Black
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man® top loaded, steel bridge plate with vintage steel saddles, Black
- Pickguard: Black
- Pickups: Two Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass, 3-way pickup selector
- Body Finish: Jet Black ($100 upcharge), High gloss polyester.
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Case: Molded Hard Shell Case
- Weight: 9 lbs. 4 oz.
- Made In California, USA
We Also Recommend