Billy Z GZ30 Combo
Billy Z specializes in building custom guitar amplifiers, repairing vacuum tube amps, and repairing electric and acoustic guitars. Billy Z has also been Gold Standard Certified by Fender Musical Instruments for over 30 years.
The GZ30 combo amp by Billy Z is an amazingly powerful and versatile amp for such a simple layout. From chimey cleans to bluesy tweed break-up to creamy, saturation achievable at bedroom volume levels thanks to the customized Dana Hall VVR circuit. With its lightweight Jensen Neodymium speaker, the GZ30 combo is the perfect grab-and-go club amp!
- 1 - GZ34 rectifier tube, may substitute , 5y3, 5u4, 5r4 etc.
- 2 - 6L6GC power tubes, may substitute with 6V6 type tubes. DO NOT USE EL34's !
- 2 - 12ax7 preamp tubes, may substitute, 12AY7, 5751, 12AT7 or 12AU7.
- 30 Watts , class A/B Cathode biased.
- .80 Aluminum chassis
- Finger jointed, Selected Pine cabinet
- All Coverings are applied with Hide Glue
- Premium Handles and Large Rubber Feet
- Tuned speaker cabinets
- Jensen Neo Speaker
- The GZ30 Combo features a Custom Mercury Magnetics Transformer.
- All Electronic components are selected for maximum tone and durability
- Military resistors and Polystrene capacitor, Film and foil capacitors
- Cardas Quad Eutectic Solder is the only solder I use
- High Grade Switchcraft Jacks , no plastic jacks to strip or melt
- Optional upon request , A line out which mimics the sound of the speaker mic’d with a Shure sm57
- Interactive tone and volume controls, hi and low inputs. The Dana Hall VVR circuit has been customized for the GZ30 series of amplifiers.
- Diode protected rectifier tube and soft start standby are employed to assure years of trouble free operation.
- 21"(width) x 18"(height) X 9.5" (depth)
"The amp is designed to be part of your 'instrument'. Accepts all Pedals very well and I personally recommend the Wampler Faux Reverb pedal. The wampler reverb pedal combined with the GZ30 creates a 3D sound. Please enjoy the GZ30 Austin Special." - Billy Z
We Also Recommend