Carol-Ann Texas 25 #1 Head & 1x12 Cabinet (USED)
- This is a used amp and speaker cabinet in excellent condition
- This is amp #1 of 10 Carol-Ann TX25's made
- Includes Custom Carol-Ann Leather Cover for Head.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE at (512) 243.6036 or at SALES@AUSTINGUITARHOUSE.COM
This Amplifier was a request from Oz at Austin Guitar House after the success of the TX-50 and JB100 red models. What he wanted was an amplifier that captured the tones of the TX50 and JB100, but set up for smaller club and home settings. So those tones can be enjoyed by a much wider number of players. The TX-25 has it's OD channel voiced for those same vocal mid range tones made famous with the JB-100 brought to Joe's recorded and live tones on the Ballad of John Henry CD. The clean channel has a gorgeous openness about it that would surprise many players from an EL34 amp. Kick in the md boost and that channel takes on a much more Plexi feel and tone.
Although various JB-100's have featured on several of Joe's CDs, his live rigs and on his DVD's, the Red JB100 was the only EL34 model and my personal fave.
The TX-25 is a 25W version of that amp, scaled down on volume for the rest of us and is a very very sweet amp for many styles.
- 25W EL34 Output, cathode biased
- Bright Switch: Acts rather like a Fender Twin bright switch. Affects both channels.
- Mid Boost: Adds a 6dB Boost at 850Hz.
- Pre-Gain: This sets the overall input gain for the amp. This affects both channels.
- Bass, Middle & Treble: CH A Tone Controls.
- Filter Control: Adjust the OD Channel Tone Contour.
- Gain: Overdrive channel gain control.
- CH A Master: Master Volume for Clean Channel.
- CH B Master: Master Volume for OD Channel.
- Presence: Global Presence Control.
- Footswitch Socket: Heavy duty 3 pin XLR connector for footswitch.
- Footswitch: Channel Selector and Mid-Boost Switches, both with LED's
- Efx Send and Return Jacks
- 8 and 16 ohm Speaker Outputs
- Efx Send Level Control
- Input Voltage: 120V Only
Hand built birch cabinet.
The heavy duty recessed handle on the top of the cab makes it super easy and comfortable to carry. Appointed with black tolex and silver piping with a rear-port for enhanced low frequency response.
Loaded with Celestion Alnico Cream
From the Celestion website:
With a 90-watt power rating, the Celestion Cream is purpose-built for vintage tones, whatever kind of amp you use. By applying new technologies and manufacturing methods developed during the creation of our Creamback speakers, we’ve been able to deliver a higher power rating while preserving the very essence of an alnico guitar speaker.
Delivering a glorious, laid-back attack, the Cream exudes warm lows and a brilliant bell-like chime. It has smooth and organic mids, further characterised by a fine-grained detail that adds a high-definition quality to the vocal range.
The Cream has been specially created to bring alnico class to all kinds of amps from 1-watt to 90-watts. It conveys a satisfying warmth, detailed expressiveness and exceptional musicality, even at low power levels.
Cabinet Dimensions: H: 21", W: 21", D: 10.5"
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE ON (512) 243.6036 OR AT SALES@AUSTINGUITARHOUSE.COM
We Also Recommend
Carol-Ann JB-100 "Red" and Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Package
Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Les Paul And Carol-Ann JB-100 "Red" Package