A more aggressive and edgy British stack tone, bringing you the citrus power and tone to your amp…
Several months ago Brian was approached to design a pedal that could faithfully reproduce the tones of a specific citrus colored, British amp made famous by artists like Jimmy Page, Weezer, Queens of the Stone Age, and Slipknot. After spending countless hours tweaking the circuit and testing it against those iconic amps – he did it! Introducing – the cataPulp.
The cataPulp’s gain structure truly represents what every great amp in a box (AIAB) should be – with super clean tones that get increasingly dirtier after the “12 o’clock” setting. This allows you to cover a lot of ground between those classic rock inspired tones all the way to a thick syrupy metal territory – Use it as a tone shaper or a secondary gain stage – a truly versatile tonal workhorse! The cataPulp also features an active 3 band EQ and top mounted jacks and our soft click electrical relay true by-pass switch. We use a true-bypass relay because it utilizes a quieter and smoother switch that is more reliable than traditional bypass switches. Your original tone/signal will remain unaffected when the pedal is not engaged.
The cataPulp can provide you with everything from pristine cleans to the edgy, aggressive, grittier side of British distortion. It’s time to stand back and let your tone do the fighting.
- Handbuilt in the U.S.A.
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Relay true bypass with soft switch
- Top Jacks
- Runs from either a 9v battery, or via the power jack – 9v DC supply center pin negative
- Power draw: 21mA at 9v, 22mA at 18v.
- Active 3 Band EQ for complete total tonel control
- 2.5″ x 4.5″ x 1.5″ in size (63.5mm x 114.3mm x 38.1mm) – height excludes knobs and switches
We Also Recommend