Retro-Sonic Chorus: This pedal provides the distinctive lush chorus, and true
pitch-shift vibrato, of the late seventies “CE-1” using the same analog BBD as the
original unit. The Chorus Ensemble’s unique tone is the standard by which all other
chorus effects are measured. The Retro-Sonic Chorus is capable of a wide range of
sounds from analog chorusing to pulsating vibrato, having the unique Vibrato feature
that was incorporated on the original which can simulate a Leslie rotating speaker.
The chorus and vibrato functions are selectable through a footswitch control,
allowing desired presets to be maintained separately.
- Chorus and vibrato effects selectable by footswitch control
- Mono and Stereo Outputs
- Overall Level control to adjust perfect unity gain
- Heavy duty foot switch
- On/Off LED to check effect status.
- Speed indicator LED for Chorus/vibrato setting
- Powered by 9VDC adapter (not-included)
- Uses MN3002 BBD as original CE-1
- Noise Killer circuitry to eliminate noise generated in the BBD.
- Level: Controls the overall volume of the effect. Rotate clockwise to increase output volume.
- Chorus Rate: Adjusts the speed of the chorus when in chorus mode. *note: With the depth set to fully clockwise, this control acts as the original “Intensity” control on the “CE-1”, controlling the intensity or amount of chorus applied to the incoming signal. (Thicker sound as you rotate clockwise).
- Chorus Depth: Adjusts the depth of the chorus when in chorus mode
- Vibrato Rate: Adjusts the speed of the vibrato when in vibrato mode
- Vibrato Depth: Adjusts the depth of the vibrato when in vibrato mode
- Normal/Effect Switch: Stepping on the switch turns the effect on and off
- Chorus/Vibrato: This switches between the chorus and vibrato effects.
- Normal/Effect LED: The LED lights on when the effect is on and lights off when the effect is bypassed.
- Chorus/Vibrato LED: Just like the original, this LED will flash in accordance to the speed setting of the active chorus or Vibrato effect.
- Input: Input jack to connect the output of the guitar or other effect pedal.
- Mono: Output jack to connect to input of amplifier (wet only when in stereo mode).
- Stereo: Output jack to connect to the input of a second amplifier for stereo use (dry signal out)
- 9VDC: Jack to connect 9VDC center negative pin power.
- Input Jack : ¼-inch standard phone jack
- Output Jack : ¼-inch standard phone jack
- Controls : Vibrato Rate / Depth, Chorus Rate / Depth, Level
- Switch : Normal/Effect, Chorus/Vibrato
- Power Supply : 9VDC neg center adapter
- Dimensions : 4.7 x 3.7 x 1.18