Collings D2H Baked Sitka Spruce Top
Austin Guitar House is proud to be an authorized dealer for
The square-shouldered 14-fret dreadnought is the most popular steel-string acoustic guitar body shape in the world. While Collings is certainly not the only company to build them, Collings brings a new tonal clarity to the depth and warmth usually associated with such a large, deep-bodied guitar. Although its bass response makes the dreadnought ideal for vocal accompaniment, Collings versions are also often employed by bluegrass flatpickers who must complete with inherently louder instruments such as banjos and fiddles. The wide range of woods and neck sizes offered allow dreadnought fans to find a Collings model ideally suited to their playing style and tonal preference.
From the starting point of the wood's density and rigidity, each acoustic guitar top is hand selected, evaluated, and carved to its own unique thickness; maximizing the tonal potential of each top.
Each Collings acoustic guitar, from our most affordable model to the highest end, are built with the finest tonewoods available. Each wood is acquired, acclimated, and hand selected by Collings' master luthiers who pick each component with the whole tonality of the end instrument in mind.
A combination of exacting PLEK machine leveling and hand fret dressing ensures consistently excellent playability and a silky fret feel.
By meticulously hand-sanding between coats, Collings' nitrocellulose lacquer finishes measure between .005 and .007 inches in final thickness, maximizing acoustical response while providing excellent protection and aesthetics.
- Model: D2H
- Serial #: 29595
- Top Wood: Baked Sitka Spruce ($300 Upgrade)
- Back & Side Wood: East Indian Rosewood
- Neck Wood: Honduran Mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with herringbone purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Neck Profile: Modified V, 0.852" depth at 1st fret, 0.936" at 9th fret
- Fingerboard: Ebony with abalone long diamond & squares
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Nut: Bone, 1 11/16"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 3/16" spacing
- Bridge Pins/End Pins: Ebony with MOP dot
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Tailpiece: N/A
- Neck Joint: Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Exotic Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Peghead Profile: Tapered square with volute
- Tuners: Waverly Nickel (16:1ratio)
- Rosette: iv/tort/iv & b/w purflings
- Brace Material: Sitka Spruce
- Brace Pattern: Pre-war scalloped X-brace
- Body Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss polyester resin
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Weight: 4lbs 15oz
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell Case by TKL
We Also Recommend