Collings I-35 LC Tobacco Burst
On order (Expected: Monday Sep, 17, 2018)
Austin Guitar House is proud to be an authorized dealer for
The I-35 is the result of a custom laminated construction technique that Bill Collings and his R&D team developed in pursuit of the best tonal qualities of vintage semi-hollow guitar design. When crafting instruments designed to be used electrically at higher volumes, the resonant qualities of a guitar need a high degree of focus to achieve some of the classic semi-hollow guitar tones.
The I-35 LC is the first of a line of laminate instruments designed to respond acoustically in perfect harmony with their electronics. Custom crafted in house for each guitar, the Collings laminate line has provided another unique way for Collings to voice their instuments for superior response and tone. The I-35 LC features a custom laminate maple top, sides and back and an all mahogany neck. The I-35 LC is among Collings most articulate and versatile electric models.
- Body Wood: Maple Laminate
- Neck Wood: Honduran Mahogany
- Body Binding: Non-grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard Binding: Non-grained Ivoroid
- Neck Profile: C Shape (.865 @1st .967@ 9th)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood w/ MOP long dots (5mm non-tapered)
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Nut: 1 11/16"
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Frets: 22, Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Bridge: Kluson ABR-1(nickel-plated zinc w/ retaining wire)
- Tailpiece: Kluson Stop Tailpiece (nickel-plated zinc, steel studs)
- Pickups ThroBak SLE101 Plus MXV neck, ThroBak Custom ER MXV bridge
- Pots/Caps: DiMarzio 500K / Jupiter Vintage Yellow
- Wiring: 50s style
- Knobs: Amber
- Peghead Veneer: Ebony w/ MOP Collings logo
- Peghead Profile: Haircut
- Tuners: Nickel Gotoh w/ Collings logo
- Guitar Finish: High gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard: Black (3-ply black/cream/black)
- Truss Rod Cover: Black/Cream/Black
- Case: Deluxe Hardshell case by Ameritage
We Also Recommend