Collings OM2H T Sitka Spruce
Austin Guitar House is proud to be an authorized dealer for
The Traditional Series or "T-Series" guitars reflect Bill Collings' return to his guitar making roots and offer a new tonal variation on the distinctive Collings sound. Each T-Series guitar is built using animal protein glue and a very thin, all nitrocellulose lacquer finish, making them exceptionally dynamic and responsive. Bracing and tone woods are adjusted for weight and thickness to create a voicing characterized by warm, rounded highs and a present low midrange, while retaining a quick attack and strong projection.
Each T-Series guitars features hand selected tone woods that are voiced to facilitate the warm rounded highs and present low mids that characterize the tonality of Collings' Traditional series.
T-Series guitars are constructed of all solid woods that are acquired, acclimated, and hand selected by Collings' master luthiers here in Collings' Austin, TX workshop and joined using animal protein glue.
A combination of exacting PLEK machine leveling and hand fret dressing ensures consistently excellent playability and a silky fret feel.
ULTRA THIN FINISH
The T-Series Nitrocellulose lacquer finish is sanded to an even thinner thickness than Collings' standard instruments, allowing the natural qualities of the wood to shine.
- Top Wood: Torrefied Sitka Spruce
- Back & Side Wood: East Indian Rosewood
- Neck Wood: Honduran Mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid with small brown herringbone purfling
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Neck Profile: Custom Neck Profile
- Fingerboard: Ebony with gold MOP short diamond & squares
- Fingerboard Radius: 14" - 26" compound
- Nut: Bone, 1 3/4"
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 5/16" spacing
- Bridge Pins/End Pins: Ivoroid with black dot
- Saddle: Bone, cutthrough
- Tailpiece: N/A
- Neck Joint: Mortise & tenon hybrid
- Peghead Veneer: Stained Exotic Ebony with MOP Collings logo
- Peghead Profile: Tapered square with volute
- Tuners: Waverly Nickel (16:1ratio)
- Rosette: Custom wood rosette
- Brace Material: Sitka spruce
- Brace Pattern: Custom Traditional Series Pre-war scalloped X-brace (no tongue brace)
- Body Finish: High gloss extra thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck Finish: High gloss extra thin nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Case: Collings Traditional Handcrafted Case
We Also Recommend