The Retro-Sonic Distortion pedal is based on an LM308 op-amp design, and features true bypass switching, with Distortion, Tone and Level controls. Together, these provide a wide range of tonal possibilities, from subtly distorted blues tones through to classic rock and metal.
As added flexibility, Retro-Sonic has incorporated two internal trim pots to allow adjustments to the frequency response of the gain structure. This gives Distortion users the option to tailor the overall response of the pedal to taste, by reducing or increasing the mix of high or low end content. More tonal flexibility can be explored through multiple clipping options via a 3 position mini toggle switch, which selects symmetrical-diode, asymmetrical-diode, or LED clipping.
The Retro-Sonic Distortion is a professional quality effect pedal that recaptures the much sought-after “ vintage vibe”. It is truly versatile and musical pedal design that responds to touch, producing a big, natural, harmonically rich tone that works with any guitar-pedal-amp configuration.
- Heavy duty foot switch for True By-Pass switching
- On/Off LED to check effect status and battery condition.
- Powered by battery or AC adapter (not-included)
- Uses LM308 op-amp
- Adjustable gain structure via internal thumbwheels.
- Level: Controls the overall volume of the effect. Rotate clockwise to increase output volume.
- Dist: This control the amount of distortion/gain applied to the incoming signal.
- Tone: Adjusts the overall tone of the effect.
- 3-Way Switch: Selects, asymmetrical-diode, LED or symmetrical-diode clipping.
- Normal/Effect Switch: Stepping on the switch turns the effect on and off. The LED will also turn off when the battery voltage is below 5v.
- Input: Input jack to connect the output of the guitar or other effect pedal.
- Output: Output jack to connect to the input of amplifier or other effect pedal
- DC9v: Jack to connect a 9VDC adapter.
- Input Jack : ¼-inch standard phone jack
- Output Jack : ¼-inch standard phone jack
- Controls : Level, Dist, Tone, clipping selector
- Switch : Normal/Effect
- Power Supply : Battery/9VDC adapter
- Dimensions : 4.37 x 2.37 x 1.18