The Eight-0-Eight OVERDRIVE is a faithful recreation of the original TS-808 Tube Screamer circuit and features the JRC4558D op-amp. Its overdrive circuit provides the same tone as a vintage ‘808,noted to provide tube like overdrive effects while retaining the guitar’s original tone.
The Eight-O-Eight is built using metal film resistors, film capacitors, and uses a double-sided circuit board for noise free operation. The internal thumb-wheel, which can be seen just at the edge of the circuit board (once back cover is removed), will adjust the amount of bass frequency gain. The range is from stock TS to an approximately flat response. This allows you to adjust the amount of bottom to your personal taste.
- Heavy duty foot switch for True By-Pass switching
- On/Off LED to check effect status and battery condition.
- Powered by battery or AC adapter (not-included)
- Uses JRC4558 op-amp mounted in a socket to allow chip swapping
- Adjustable bottom end via internal thumbwheel.
- Level: Controls the overall volume of the effect. Rotate clockwise to increase output volume.
- Gain: This control the amount of overdrive/gain applied to the incoming signal.
- Tone: Adjusts the overall tone of the effect.
- 3-Way Switch: Selects, asymmetrical-diode, LED or symmetrical-diode clipping.
- Normal/Effect Switch: Stepping on the switch turns the effect on and off. The LED will also turn off when the battery voltage is below 5v.
- Input: Input jack to connect the output of the guitar or other effect pedal.
- Output: Output jack to connect to the input of amplifier or other effect pedal
- DC9v: Jack to connect a 9VDC adapter.
- Input Jack : ¼-inch standard phone jack
- Output Jack : ¼-inch standard phone jack
- Controls : Level, Gain, Tone
- Switch : Normal/Effect
- Power Supply : Battery/9VDC adapter
- Dimensions : 4.37 x 2.37 x 1.18