Forshage DST Flying A
Who is Chris Forshage? In his own words:
"Who am I you ask? I am a luthier in the Austin/Pflugerville Texas area. Ive been playing guitar since the mid 80s and built my first guitar in 94. For many years I did primarily custom work in the archtop acoustic realm but over the years I have built basses, flat-tops, mandolins, electrics, hollowbodies, 7 strings, ergonomic headless guitars, and a variety of solidbodies.
I am a one man shop and use NO CNC for any woodworking. Precision Pearl does some of my inlays and Im pretty sure they use CNC but thats as close as they get to my guitars. I have nothing against CNCs. I just figure, why pay a bunch of money to have a machine do all the fun stuff. I enjoy what I do, and I especially enjoy being able to approach each guitar individually and be a little bit intuitive about each one. Now, if they could teach CNC to sand I might come around but till then Ill do it myself.
The first guitar I ever built was a 17 archtop and while its far from perfect, it came off pretty well, sounds fantastic and started off a love for luthiery that has kept me at for over 25 years(wow) now."
Notable Forshage players include the late great Walter Becker, Wayne Krantz, and Austin phenom Carter Arrington.
- Brand: Forshage Custom Guitars
- Model: DST Flying A
- Condition: Brand New
- Body Wood: Western Red Cedar
- Neck Wood: Western Red Cedar
- Neck Profile: Medium C, 0.82" depth at 1st fret, 0.86" depth at 12th.
- Fingerboard: Brazilian Rosewood
- Scale Length: 25.5”
- Radius: 10" to 14" compound
- Frets: 6105 Stainless
- Inlays: Pearloid Dots
- Nut: Bone, 1.69" width
- Tuners: Gotoh
- Bridge: ABM Intonated Wrap Tail
- Pickguard: None
- Pickups: Bare Knuckle Black Dog
- Controls: Volume and, Push Pull to Series Parallel
- Finish: Whisper of Nitrocellulose
- Case: Deluxe Gig Bag
- Weight: 4 lbs 12 oz
- Handmade In Pflugerville - TX