Forshage Meso Shoreline
Who is Chris Forshage? In his own words:
"Who am I you ask? I am a luthier in the Austin/Pflugerville Texas area. I've been playing guitar since the mid 80's and built my first guitar in '94. For many years I did primarily custom work in the archtop acoustic realm but over the years I have built basses, flat-tops, mandolins, electrics, hollowbodies, 7 strings, ergonomic headless guitars, and a variety of solidbodies.
I am a one man shop and use NO CNC for any woodworking. Precision Pearl does some of my inlays and I'm pretty sure they use CNC but that's as close as they get to my guitars. I have nothing against CNC's. I just figure, why pay a bunch of money to have a machine do all the fun stuff. I enjoy what I do, and I especially enjoy being able to approach each guitar individually and be a little bit intuitive about each one. Now, if they could teach CNC to sand I might come around but till then I'll do it myself.
The first guitar I ever built was a 17" archtop and while it's far from perfect, it came off pretty well, sounds fantastic and started off a love for luthiery that has kept me at for over 25 years(wow) now."
Notable Forshage players include the late great Walter Becker, Wayne Krantz, and Austin phenom Carter Arrington.
- Model: Meso
- Body Wood: Western Red Cedar
- Neck Wood: Western Red Cedar
- Neck Profile: Slim C (.857" @ 1st fret, .878" @ 12th fret)
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Scale Length: 25.34"
- Radius: 10″-14″
- Frets: Nickel Silver 6105
- Inlays: Jade
- Nut:Bone 1.653"
- Tuners: Gotoh Kluson Type Staggered
- Bridge: Wilkinson
- Pickguard: 1-Ply White
- Pickups: Lollar "Blackface"
- Controls: Volume, Tone and Tone, 5-Way Switch
- Finish: Nitro Lacquer (Body) and Tru-oil (Neck)
- Case: Gig Bag
- Weight: 6 lbs 5.5 oz
- Observations: The neck is constructed of Western Red Cedar with a Maple fretboard, Maple cap on the heel, and Maple cap on the back of the headstock.
- Handmade In Pflugerville - TX
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US WITH ANY QUESTIONS YOU MAY HAVE AT (512) 243.6036 OR email@example.com
We Also Recommend