Forshage Orion 7-String w/Fan Frets (USED)
- This is a used guitar in excellent condition.
- This is a consignment item.
$2699.00 plus $30.00 Shipping (Consignment Item)
Who is Chris Forshage? In his own words:
"Who am I you ask? I am a luthier in the Austin/Pflugerville Texas area. I've been playing guitar since the mid 80's and built my first guitar in '94. For many years I did primarily custom work in the archtop acoustic realm but over the years I have built basses, flat-tops, mandolins, electrics, hollowbodies, 7 strings, ergonomic headless guitars, and a variety of solidbodies.
I am a one man shop and use NO CNC for any woodworking. Precision Pearl does some of my inlays and I'm pretty sure they use CNC but that's as close as they get to my guitars. I have nothing against CNC's. I just figure, why pay a bunch of money to have a machine do all the fun stuff. I enjoy what I do, and I especially enjoy being able to approach each guitar individually and be a little bit intuitive about each one. Now, if they could teach CNC to sand I might come around but till then I'll do it myself.
The first guitar I ever built was a 17" archtop and while it's far from perfect, it came off pretty well, sounds fantastic and started off a love for luthiery that has kept me at for almost 25 years(wow) now."
Notable Forshage players include the late great Walter Becker, Wayne Krantz, and Austin phenom Carter Arrington.
Chris Forshage builds all types of guitars but the model he's probably most known for is his headless Orion. With it's ergonomic design, smooth set-neck heel joint, above the nut neck extension and Forshage's fantastic craftsmanship and attention to detail, the Orion is probably the best headless electric guitar available today.
- Model: Orion 7-Sting
- Body Wood: Spanish Cedar Core, Maple Top and Back
- Neck Wood: Spanish Cedar
- Neck Profile: "Slim C" .845" @ 1st fret .890" @ 12th fret
- Fingerboard: Pale Moon Ebony
- Scale Length: Multi-scale, 25"-25.75"
- Radius: 12″-14″
- Frets: Jumbo Stainless, 24
- Inlays: Luminlay Glow in the Dark Dots
- Nut: Bone, 1.880" straight across, 1.985" at scale angle
- Tuners: ABM Style Headless
- Bridge: 7-String Tunematic
- Pickguard: No Pickguard
- Pickups: Bare Knuckle "VHII"
- Controls: Volume and Tone, 3-Way , Push-Pull for coil tap
- Finish: Satin Nitro Lacquer
- Case: Custom Gig Bag
- Weight: 6lbs 7oz
- Observations: Dual Action Truss Rod, Side Electrosocket Input Jack, CTS Pots
- Handmade In Pflugerville - TX
We Also Recommend
Carol-Ann JB-100 "Red" and Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Les Paul Package
Gibson Custom Shop Joe Bonamassa Les Paul And Carol-Ann JB-100 "Red" Package