Music Man StingRay Special 4H Vintage Tobacco
First introduced in 1976, the StingRay has been revered as one of the most iconic bass guitars in history. The StingRay was the first production four string bass to feature on-board active equalization. The flagship of the Music Man line, today's StingRay is the same as it was some forty years ago featuring a solid roadworthy construction, elegant oval pickguard, 3+1 tuning key configuration, and the ever popular Music Man humbucker. All of which combined produce a look, feel and sound that is remarkably unmistakable.
- Model: StingRay Special 4 String
- Serial Number: F84020
- Body Wood: Ash
- Neck Wood: Roasted Figured Maple
- Neck Profile: D Shape, 0.813" at 1st fret, 0.914" at 12th fret
- Fingerboard: Roasted Maple
- Scale Length: 34"
- Fretboard Radius: 11"
- Frets: 22 - High profile, Wide, Stainless Steel
- Inlays: Black Dots
- Binding: N/A
- Nut: 1.625" width, Melamine
- Tuners: Custom Music Man, lightweight with tapered string posts and ergonomic clover design
- Bridge: Vintage Music Man® top loaded chrome plated, steel bridge plate with vintage nickel plated steel saddles
- Pickguard: Mint
- Pickups: Single Humbucking with Neodymium magnets
- Controls: 3-band active preamp with 18 volts of headroom; vol, treble, mid, bass
- Body Finish: Vintage Tobacco, High gloss polyester.
- Neck Finish: Gunstock oil and hand-rubbed special wax blend
- Case: Molded Hard Shell Case
- Weight: 8lbs. 7oz.
- Made In California, USA
5-BOLT SCULPTED NECK JOINT
The sculpted neck joint provides uninhibited access to all 22 stainless steel frets atop roasted maple necks.
REFINED BODY CONTOURS
Enhanced body contours are rounded for more comfort in any playing position while retaining that revered, iconic StingRay sound.
POWERFUL NEODYMIUM PICKUPS
The new and improved StingRay electronics feature powerful neodymium magnets, bringing you more output and a wider range of sounds.
NEW 18-VOLT PREAMP
A newly designed 18-volt 3-Band preamp for extra clean headroom lets you dial in everything from modern punch to classic, vintage tones.
The overall reduction in weight is a much-welcomed feature of the new Stingray Special. Select body woods, improved contours, and lightweight hardware provide greater overall balance for extra comfort and a more enjoyable playing experience.
Re-engineered lightweight tuning machines create a more balanced neck while still providing ultra-reliable tuning stability.
We Also Recommend