Octapussy Octave Fuzz: At a Glance
- Catalinbread's searing three knob octave fuzz.
- Capable of delicate octave harmonies, to ripping fuzz tones.
- Great sounding fuzz whether played high on the frets, or chunky power chords.
- Excellent integration with your guitar's volume/tone controls.
- Special LED bypass to preserve the highest tonal feel.
The more you play the Octapussy, the more sounds you’ll find in it!
With the Octapussy, you can:
- Play sweet, breathy, delicate octave-up melodies up high on the neck.
- Play epic soaring leads that are full sounding with upper harmonics that bloom and bloom and bloom as you hold that bend.
- Get tough sounding almost ring modulated double-stops that growl when you sustain it.
- Obtain sounds that evoke Caribbean steel drums.
- Get massively huge grinding, industrial-strength power chords.
- Riff out with a textured, harmonically rich fuzz tone that can achieve cello-like qualities.
- Play otherworldly sounding arpeggios.
- Make strange, atonal soundscapes.
- Evoke the texture of a sitar.
- Achieve mysterious sounding droning melodies.
- And much more!
Octapussy features three carefully voiced controls that are responsive and
musical as you want to be throughout the entire range of the knobs.
This control should normally be set full counter-clockwise. For best tone
and response, only attenuate when you’ve got the Gain and Body knobs
really cranking and need to reduce the output some.
This control increases the gain for more fuzz, harmonics, and uppermidrange
frequency boost. It is voiced to be usable throughout its range
from minimum all the way to maximum.
This control increases the bass response as well as making the octave more
prominent. Like the Gain knob, it also increases output and harmonic
content. Technically, it is a negative-feedback loop with variable frequency
response. But let’s not dwell on technicals.... this is another MOAR knob!
To get the best feel for what this knob does, set it at minimum and then
slowly bring it up as you thump the low E string on your guitar. You’ll
hear (and feel!) the low end thump increase as you turn up the Body.
- 2.34" x 4.39" pedal
- Specially Selected Components
- True Bypass Switching
- Battery operation or 9v DC
- 3 mA draw
Dimensions 4.5"L x 2.5"W x 2"H