The Plextortion is a distortion pedal that was originally designed to emulate a “JCM800®” with Celestion Greenbacks (If you think of those great tones from Back in Black era AC/DC, all the way through to (post DLR) Van Halen, Dokken, Ratt, Guns'N'Roses and all those amazing 80's rock “cranked Marshall®” tones). It has a very brown sounding distortion, in a way, quite similar to our Pinnacle pedal.
It differs from the Pinnacle in that it is a tighter distortion, more like pre amp tube distortion where the pinnacle is a bit looser, more like power tube distortion. This difference, although hardly noticeable to your average person, is hugely important when looking for “that” sound, Never before has a pedal given that high gain tone that would appear to be pre-amp driven and power-amp driven.
- Hand made in the U.S.A.
- High grade film capacitors and resistors picked for their superior sound and response
- Completely true bypass
- Battery connection and 9v power jack (barrel plug like Boss)
- Power draw: 12mA
- 5 knobs - gain, volume, bass, treble, mids giving you complete tonal control
- 1 toggle switch adds in presence and clarity if needed
- Plenty of volume potential if you need it
- 2.50" x 4.50" (63.5mm x 114.3mm)
We Also Recommend