Port City 2x12 OS Wave Cabinet Unloaded
The patented Port City Wave Cabinets are a fundamentally different approach to the speaker cabinet. Rather than creating a rectangular box, adding speakers, and hoping for the best, Port City developed their Wave cabinets to physically interact with the speakers in a more musical way. Inside of every Port City Wave cabinet, there are 45-degree sound deflecting panels along the top and bottom of the back panel. These panels allow the back waves from the speakers to reflect out of the angled port along the width of the front of the cabinet and up to the player. This simple yet effective design yields very noticeable results, with a more balanced tone that doesn’t attenuate or boost any frequencies. This allows every note your speaker produces to be heard as it should be. These cabinets are used by professionals for everything from jazz to metal to country and perform exceptionally in all environments.
Port City Wave Cabinets can match most larger cabinets in terms of volume and depth. When you dig into a bend or a chord, you will hear and feel the difference these cabinets make. Great tone is vital for great musicians and we are sure you’ll love your Wave Cabinet once you hear what you’ve been missing. Sonically speaking, this OS (oversized) version has more low-mids and less compression than the standard size Wave Cabinet.All Port City cabinets are constructed with 13-ply void-free marine grade Baltic Birch and come loaded with a proprietary Kimber internal wiring harness and a Switchcraft jack.
- All Port City cabinets are built and covered by hand in the USA.
- The outer shell is crafted from lap jointed 13 ply Baltic birch.
- The baffle and back panel are made from 1⁄2 inch Birch ply.
- Metal recessed handle centered for balance on the top of the cabinet.
- Large rubber feet.
- Each Port City Wave cabinet is wired with a hand soldered wiring harness made of 18 gauge wire and Switchcraft 1⁄4 jack.
- All mounting hardware is included in unloaded cabinets.
- 24 3/4"H x 11 7/8"D x 30"W
- 35 lbs unloaded approx. 35 lbs (unloaded)
We Also Recommend