Retro-Sonic Preamp: This pedal is a faithful recreation of the original “FA-1” FET
Preamp circuit. Its circuit provides the same tone as a vintage FA-1; a clean boost
with the great tonal flexibility via the independent Bass, and Treble controls and bass
cut switch (-6dB of low cut).
The internal DIP switches, which can be seen just in the middle of the circuit board
(once back cover is removed), will add in clipping diodes to turn the boost into a
“dirty” boost or mild overdrive effect. The top switch adds in the diodes, and the
lower switch adds in some hi-end roll off if you find things too bright. This gives the
pedal flexibility in its use, clean or dirty depending on your needs.
- Heavy duty foot switch for True Bypass switching
- On/Off LED to check effect status and battery condition.
- Powered by battery or AC adapter (not-included)
- Internal, switchable clipping hi end roll off switch
- Low cut switch
- Independent Bass and Treble controls
- Approximately 30dB of boost.
- Level: Controls the overall volume of the effect. Rotate clockwise to increase output volume.
- Bass: Adjusts the overall low frequency content of the effect.
- Treble: Adjusts the overall high frequency content of the effect.
- Normal/Effect Switch: Stepping on the switch turns the effect on and off. The LED will also turn off when the battery voltage is below 5v.
- External Toggle Switch: Provides -6dB of Low cut
- Input: Input jack to connect the output of the guitar or other effect pedal.
- Output: Output jack to connect to the input of amplifier or other effect pedal
- DC9v: Jack to connect a 9VDC adapter.
- Input Jack : ¼-inch standard phone jack
- Output Jack : ¼-inch standard phone jack
- Controls : Level, Bass, Treble, Low Cut Switch
- Switch : Normal/Effect
- Power Supply : Battery/9VDC adapter
- Dimensions : 4.37 x 2.37 x 1.18