Mad Professor Silver Spring Reverb PCB
BIG REVERB IN A SMALL BOX!
SILVER SPRING REVERB (SSR) is a compact, easy to use digital/analog reverb with a pure analog direct signal path. It creates a natural sounding ambient reverb that will not get in the way of your original signal.
- The Silver Spring Reverb’s bandwidth is in between the dark warmth of an amplifier’s spring reverb and the pristine clarity of a studio reverb.
- There is no noise reduction system, in order to keep the decay as natural as possible.
- The direct signal path is all analog, going straight through analog amplifiers with no filtering.
- With the input set below the maximum there is no signal distortion or coloration
- The Reverb signal path is filtered to produce the Silver Spring Reverb’s natural ambience.
The SSR’s sound is exceptional with a clean signal, but was specifically designed to work equally well with the tougher performance requirements of distorted tone. The SSR can be used before distortion, although it was primarily designed to go after. If you use the SSR before distortion, you may want to use a lower Reverb (Wet/Dry) setting.
Built the Mad Professor way: small footprint and big tone.
TIME: This sets the decay time of reverb. Turn it clockwise for longer decay.
At full counterclockwise position the decay is that of a small room. At full clockwise position the decay resembles the large hall sound of a plate reverb. Around the center setting the medium decay time is optimal for rhythmic chords and single notes.
TONE: This adjusts the bandwidth of the reverb signal. Turning clockwise results in a brighter reverb tone and counter- clockwise darker one. Fully counter- clockwise approximates the response of a typical spring reverb, clockwise a studio reverb.
REVERB: This adds reverb to dry signal. Reverb can be turned fully off if Reverb knob is turned fully CCW, and is loudest at fully clockwise.
Current consumption: 80mA@9V (DC adapter recommended)
Voltage range: 6-9 V, 9 V 100mA preferred
Input impedance: 500K
Output drive capability: 10K Ohms
Signal noise ratio: 90dB
Complete true bypass and input of circuit grounded in bypass
Dimensions 4.25"L x 2.5"W x 2"H