Waterloo WL-14 X Mahogany
Austin Guitar House is proud to be an authorized dealer for
- Serial Number: WL3096
- Top Wood: Solid Mahogany
- Back & Side Wood: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Wood: Solid Mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid bound top, back and soundhole
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Neck Profile: Prominent "V" shape (.979" @ 11st fret, 1.077" @ 9th fret)
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood
- FB Inlay: 6mm acrylic dots
- Nut: 1 3/4" Ebony
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 3/8" spacing
- Bridge Pins/End Pins: Ebony
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Tailpiece: N/A
- Tuners: Golden Age Restoration
- Brace Pattern: Vintage inspired X bracing
- Finish: Vintage Pecan, Semi gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard: Tortoise
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Case: Hardshell TKL
- Weight: 3lbs 3oz
- Handmade in Austin, TX, USA
WATERLOO WL-14 Mh DIMENSIONS
Body Width: 14 3/4"
Body Length: 19 1/4"
Body Depth: 4 1/4"
ODE TO AN ERA
Founded by master luthier Bill Collings, the Waterloo guitar line is a look back in time to when there was a genuine need for soulful tone that could be coaxed from simple instruments. The blues, country, and folk music played on these instruments was made in heartfelt response to the hard times of the depression era. It was music heard in work camps and barn dances, kitchens and honky-tonks, porches, street corners and churches. These musical styles became the roots of popular American music for decades to come. The Waterloo brand is all about capturing the voice and spirit of the very best depression era guitars in well-made and very playable instruments.
WATERLOO WL-14 Mh
The WL-14 Mh brings together the warm and even response of all-mahogany construction with the comfort and versatility of a compact, 14-fret parlor body size for a highly satisfying combination.
With a light build and understated appointments, the WL-14 Mh harkens back to the “Dust Bowl” era of simple and affordable instruments that reflected the elemental need for music in tough and trying times. Often accompanied by only boot stomps, the instruments that inspired the WL-14 needed to be punchy and full, but compact and easy to travel with. The comfortable and lightweight WL-14 is designed with these qualities to be a musical companion in just about any circumstance, and brings the soulful and unadorned character of 1920s and 30s instruments forward to today’s musicians. Built by hand with love and care, each Waterloo is made of all solid tone woods one at a time in Austin, Texas.
All Waterloo models are handmade in Austin, Texas.
We Also Recommend