Waterloo WL-14 X-Braced Sunburst
Austin Guitar House is proud to be an authorized dealer for
ODE TO AN ERA
Founded by master luthier Bill Collings, the Waterloo guitar line is a look back in time to when there was a genuine need for soulful tone that could be coaxed from simple instruments. The blues, country, and folk music played on these instruments was made in heartfelt response to the hard times of the depression era. It was music heard in work camps and barn dances, kitchens and honky-tonks, porches, street corners and churches. These musical styles became the roots of popular American music for decades to come. The Waterloo brand is all about capturing the voice and spirit of the very best depression era guitars in well-made and very playable instruments.
WATERLOO WL-14 DIMENSIONS
Body Width: 14 3/4"
Body Length: 19 1/4"
Body Depth: 4 1/4"
- Top Wood: Solid Spruce
- Back & Side Wood: Solid Mahogany
- Neck Wood: Solid Mahogany
- Body Binding: Ivoroid bound top and soundhole
- Fingerboard Binding: None
- Neck Profile: prominent "V" shape
- Fingerboard: Indian Rosewood
- FB Inlay: 6mm acrylic dots
- Nut: 1 3/4" Ebony
- Scale Length: 24 7/8"
- Frets: Medium 18% nickel-silver
- Bridge: Ebony belly-style with 2 3/8" spacing
- Bridge Pins/End Pins: Ebony
- Saddle: Bone, drop-in
- Tailpiece: N/A
- Tuners: Golden Age Restoration
- Brace Pattern: X-braced
- Finish: Sunburst, Semi gloss nitrocellulose lacquer
- Pickguard: Tigerstripe Celluloid
- Truss Rod: Fully adjustable
- Case: Hardshell TKL
- Weight: 3 lb 6 oz
- Handmade in Austin, TX, USA
The WL-14 is the flagship model of the Waterloo guitar line and the inspiration that started it all. Keeping true to the design and style of the era, the WL-14 is available in "ladder" bracing (L) as well as "X" bracing (X). The ladder bracing option provides woody and open tone, with midrange honk that's perfect for fingerstyle blues. The "X" braced version retains tighter focus and balance across the tonal range.
There are two different neck profiles available for the WL-14, with the standard being a sizable, vintage-inspired neck with a prominent "V" shape. For those who prefer more moderately sized necks, an alternate lower-profile option is available by request. All WL-14 models include an adjustable truss rod for convenient setup adjustment and flexibility. Hardshell TKL case included.
All Waterloo models are handmade in Austin, Texas.